Admin Block (Main Campus)

Also known as A-BLOCK, the admin block was inaugurated in 1946. Built in Indo-gothic architectural style, this expansive block gives the entire campus a most old-world majestic look and feel.

The building can be seen from many parts of the city as it is situated atop a hill.

Currently, the A-Block plays host to

  • UG Office
  • Principal’s chambers
  • Faculties of arts, languages and computer applications (UG)
  • Registrar’s office
  • UG Library
  • Radio Sarang 107.8 FM
  • Television studio of MA (Journalism and Mass Communication) and
  • St. Aloysius Evening College.

The current edifice was built in two phases – the left portion was inaugurated in 1946 and in 1980, the centenary year, and the right portion was formally inaugurated by Sri Sanjeeva Reddy, the then President of India.


Misuse of data and images from the college website is not permitted. Serious legal action would be initiated against the miscreants.